Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is the Wellness Club?
The Whole Foods Market Wellness Club provides an inviting environment to empower members to make educated and positive lifestyle choices that promote their long-term health and wellbeing through coaching, delicious food and a supportive community.
The goal of the Whole Foods Market Wellness Club is to offer people the opportunity to take their well-being to the next level through education, cooking, coaching and a support structure aimed at ensuring long-term success.
The Whole Foods Market Wellness Club is based on a lifestyle program that provides a sustainable path to achieving optimum health by offering the how and the why. The comprehensive program includes a lifestyle evaluation, nutrition education, skill-building classes, a support community and discounts on select healthier foods.
- Q: Are the Wellness Clubs located inside Whole Foods Market stores?
Yes. The clubs are located in five pilot stores so that our customers can conveniently complement the care and support they experience at the club with a shopping trip to help them further extend and use their knowledge in their daily lives. The five pilot locations are: Oakland (CA), Princeton (NJ), Chicago (IL), Dedham (MA) and New York (NY).
- Q. Specifically, what do you offer in the club?
Members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on a wide variety of designated healthy foods. The full list of discounted foods can be found at your local club, and each item will be clearly marked throughout the store. For more information, read about our philosophy.
Other membership benefits include:
- Supper Club: Our menu always has your health in mind. Perfect for those who want to make healthier meal choices, without having to shop or cook! Plus, as a member you'll get discounted meals.
- Unlimited Access to Core Classes: The Whole Foods Market Wellness Club offers a wide range of nutrition, cooking and practical techniques classes to support a healthier lifestyle.
- Access to a Growing Local Network: We're building partnerships with a community of local businesses that promote health and well-being and that provide additional benefits to wellness club members.
- Cooking Demos & Community Events: As a Wellness Club member, you'll have unlimited access to discounted cooking demos and events, including motivational and educational talks with published authors and inspirational speakers.
- Q: How can I benefit from the Wellness Club program?
The program is designed to help every individual, no matter where they are on their transition to better health. We help you identify where you are and where you want to be, and then give you the tools and support you need to get there.
- Q: How much does membership cost?
Initiation and monthly fees will vary by location.
- Q: Who runs the club?
The Wellness Club team consists of various Team Members, including lecturers and chefs, with extensive support from, and continuing education with, the doctors who developed the program.
- Q: Why did Whole Foods Market decide to do this?
These clubs are a natural extension of our core values and current in-store offerings for customers who are looking for more in-depth healthy eating information and support.
- Q: Do you take insurance?
We do not accept insurance.
- Q: Do you offer medical services?
Currently, we only offer medical services in Oakland, CA. Please check with the Oakland location for more information about the medical services provided there.
- Q: Can I follow this program if I am on medication?
Our program is meant to give you the knowledge about healthy eating and the skills to be able to make lifestyle change sustainable. However, if you are on medication, you must make these changes under medical supervision and we expect that you will discuss your personal health goals with your primary care physician before joining the Wellness Club.
- Q: Do I have to go through the entire program?
Your membership does not require you to go through the entire program. However, our program was designed with the goal to help you improve your wellness, and as such we recommend that you go through all the classes for a maximum benefit.
- Q: I am already pretty healthy, so how could I benefit from joining the club?
We are all on a continuum of health. For most of us, there is room for improvement. If you want to improve and achieve your optimum health, we are here to support you and show you how to do that. And if you are comfortable where you are, the Whole Foods Market Wellness Club can help you maintain your desired diet and lifestyle in a supportive community of like-minded individuals — plus, you'll get a 10% discount on thousands of designated items in your local store.
- Q: Do I need to sign up for classes in advance?
Check with your local club for details on how to sign up for classes.
- Q: What is the cancellation policy?
Check with your local Wellness Club for the most up-to-date cancellation policy.